Friday 9 October 2009

AND NOW THE MAKING!


This is one half of a pair of curtains I made for my daughter when she moved to her "big" room.  The Japanese Kuma Bear is sitting on a quilt made by my Mum for me when I was little, it is in need of desperate repair!




I drew a template of various sized butterflies and then 'bondawebbed' them onto the curtains.
I zigzagged stiched them on my machine to stop them falling off (or being picked off by little hands!) and also to add their antenae.

 

I limited the pallette to mostly greens and pinks, my fav colour combo.  I was very proud of my acheivement especially as I was 8 months pregnant at the time and crawling around on the floor to place the butterflies wasn't the easiest thing in the world!

5 comments:

  1. what fabulous curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your avatar on another blog and HAD to click - I am amazed!! Gorgeous stuff - here and on flickr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natasha, so glad you got a blog! :) the world needs to see more of your gorgeous creations. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, it is exciting to enter the blogging community

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete